Work from home has become the new norm since the pandemic started. One of the major problem for many employees is the lack of suitable workstations in the home for work from home purposes. Previously, all the systems were provided in the office and you only needed to go there and complete your day to day works. In this post, you will find what are the best laptops for work from home under Rs. 50000 in India. You will also know how the best laptop is chosen and some other accessories that you must have so that you have the best work from home experience. Read till the end to know everything.
Best Laptops For Work From Home Under 50000 In India
Before going to details of each model, first let’s have a look at the best laptops for work from home under 50000 in India in the table below:
|Name of best laptop for work from home under 50000 in India
|ASUS ZenBook UX430UA-GV573T Intel Core i5 8th Gen 14″ (35.56cms) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/256GB SSD/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics/1.30 kg), Gold [Editors Choice]
|ASUS VivoBook Ultra 15 AMD Ryzen 5 4500U 15.6-inch (39.62 cms) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics/Bespoke Black/1.80 kg), M513IA-EJ310T [Best if you don’t have a problem with AMD processors]
|MI Notebook 14 (IC) Intel Core i5-10210U 10th Gen 14-inch (35.56 cms) Thin and Light Laptop(8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/Intel UHD Graphics/Silver/1.5Kg), XMA1901-FK
|ASUS VivoBook 14 (2020) Intel Core i5-1035G1 10th Gen 35.56 cm FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB/512GB NVMe SSD/Integrated Graphics/Windows 10/MS Office 2019/Transparent Silver/1.6 kg), X415JA-EK094TS [Best Value For Money]
|Acer Swift 3 14″ Full HD IPS Display Ultra Thin and Light Notebook (Intel i5 – 11th Gen/16 GB RAM/512GB SSD/Win10/Intel Iris Xe Graphics/Pure Silver/1.2Kg), SF314-59
|Microsoft Surface GO 2 STQ-00013 10.1″ (26.54 cms) Laptop (Gold Processor 4425Y/8GB/128GB SSD/Windows 10 Home in S Mode/Intel UHD 615 Graphics), Platinum
|ASUS VivoBook S14 Intel Core i5-1035G1 10th Gen 14″ (35.56cms) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD + 32GB Optane Memory/Windows 10/MS Office 2019/Silver Blue/1.35 kg), S403JA-BM033TS
|Acer Aspire 5 15.6″ (39.62cms) Laptop(Intel Core i5 11th Generation/8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/Intel Iris Xe Graphics),Black A515-56
Factors to consider while buying work from home laptops
Before going to the details of each laptop model, it is very important for you to know what you should look into while choosing the best laptop for work from home under 50k in India. It is also equally important not to complicate things and not to get stuck on research. Just choose the basic needs and buy the one you want among the list. Check out the major factors to look into while choosing the best work-from-home laptop under Rs. 50000 in India:
- Having a good webcam.
- Minimum of 256 SSD storage device.
- Minimum of 8GB RAM.
- A high-speed processor.
- Good battery backup.
- Ease of moving around.
Having a good webcam
First of all, it is very important for you to have a good webcam as frequently you will require to use the webcam during team meeting, presentation and client interaction. A bad webcam means extra effort and simply, it ruins the environment. So, a very good webcam is one of the most priority in a laptop if you are looking for a work from home laptop.
Minimum of 256 SSD storage device
A very fast storage device is a must because you will be running multiple tasks at the same time. If you are having a HDD, it might slow down the work. A minimum of 256 SSD storage is recommended so that you can run the OS in the SSD while you can use an external HDD to interact with your important files. Check out the last part of this post to know the must have accessories for work from home laptop.
Minimum of 8GB RAM
A good memory capacity is equally important as that of SSD capacity. Anything less than 8GB RAM will hindrance your multi-tasking capacity. Also, do not overthink of more than 8GB because you won’t get more than 8GB RAM at this price range.
A high-speed processor
Anything equal to or more than i3 10th gen or Ryzen 5 is a good choice. Do not over complicate with this and that model. Just choose what I have said above within your price range.
Good battery backup
This is also very important. During this pandemic or due to some natural emergencies, power supply may not be there for a long time. That is why, it is very important to have a laptop with a good battery back-up. It is also very important to note that the battery back-up is dependent on the way you use your laptop like brightness, CPU usage, etc.
Ease of moving around
Any laptop for work from home needs to have easy mobility. Bulky and difficult USB port locations are a no go. The weight is also a major factor.
Best Work from home laptops under Rs. 50000 in India
This list consists of the editor’s choice and best value for money. You can also buy the other models if the two choices are not available. Make sure you don’t overcomplicate things and waste days in research. Having said this, I understand you are spending around ~50k but the more you keep searching, the more complicated things will be.
Best laptop for work from home under 50k – EDITOR’S Choice –
ASUS ZenBook UX430UA-GV573T Intel Core i5 8th Gen 14″ (35.56cms) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/256GB SSD/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics/1.30 kg), Gold
The Asus Zenbook UX430UA-GV573T is the perfect laptop for work from home under Rs. 50,000. The 14-inch display with perfect for a compact easy to move around model for a laptop. The i5 8th gen will provide you the firepower you need for your work. The 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM will provide the much-needed storage and memory for the multi-task.
The integrated graphics can handle simple tasks. The thin 1.3 Kg is also another major advantage. It will provide you the much-needed mobility to where you want without any trouble. The 720p webcam will provide you the best video call experience. You can expect a minimum of 4-8 hrs for a new one with normal usage. The only missing part is the MS Office bundled with it. You will need to spend some extra bucks to get the MS Office. Check out major specifications below:
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U processor, base speed 1.6GHz, 4 Cores, with Turbo boost up to 3.4GHz and 6MB cache
- Memory & Storage: 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 on board RAM with| Storage: 256GB SATA3 M.2 SSD
- Graphics: Intel Integrated UHD Graphics 620
- Display: 14” LED-backlit FHD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 slim-bezel NanoEdge Anti-Glare Display, 80% screen-to-body ratio, 100% sRGB color gamut, 178° wide-view technology
- Operating System: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
- Design & battery: 7.18mm Thin Side Bezels | Metal Chasis| 15.9mm Thin| Laptop weight 1.30 Kg |50WHr 3-cell Li-polymer battery with | upto 9 Hours* Battery backup
- Keyboard and Touchpad: Full-size backlit keys, with 1.4mm key travel, Precision Touchpad (PTP) technology supports up to four-finger smart gestures
- I/O Ports: 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.1 Type A (Gen1), 1x USB 3.1 Type C (Gen 1) support Display, 1x Combo Audio Jack, 1x micro HDMI, 1 x SD card reader
- Other: HD web camera| Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) 2*2 | Bluetooth 4.1 (Dual band) | Audio Certified by Harman/Kardon
ASUS VivoBook Ultra 15 AMD Ryzen 5 4500U 15.6-inch (39.62 cms) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics/Bespoke Black/1.80 kg), M513IA-EJ310T
There are many users who are simply turn off if they hear AMD or Ryzen. But the fact is that AMD processors are cheaper and hence, such laptops can offer more in other specifications as the processor is cheaper. The ASUS VivoBook Ultra 15, M513IA-EJ310T is the best if you are okay with AMD processors. In fact it provides a faster processor, a better SSD a wider display.
The M513IA-EJ310T is powered by AMD Ryzen 5 with 8GB RAM and a 512GB of SSD. The 15.6 inch provides wider screen which provides more space for your multi-tasking. The integrated graphics will handle most of your office work. The 60 Hz refresh rate is a bonus. The 720p front webcam provides you the best experience.
The 6hrs battery backup is one of the best in the industry and 1.80 kg is just little more than the above model.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor, 2.3 GHz (8MB Cache, up to 4.0 GHz, 6 Cores, 6 Threads)
- Memory & Storage: 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel RAM, upgradeable up to 12GB using 1x SO-DIMM Slot with | Storage: 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD + empty 1x M.2 Slot for SSD Storage Expansion.
- Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega 6 Graphics
- Display: 15.6-inch (16:9) LED-backlit Full HD (1920×1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare Panel with 45% NTSC, 85% screen-to-body ratio
- Operating System: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
- Design & battery: Thin-bezels | Thin and Light Laptop | Laptop weight: 1.80 kg | 42WHrs, 3-cell Li-ion battery | Up to 6 hours battery life ;Note: Battery life depends on conditions of usage
- Keyboard: Full-size Backlit Chiclet Keyboard with Num-Key | 1.4mm key travel distance
- I/O Ports: 1x HDMI 1.4, 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack, 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.1 Type A (Gen1), 1x USB 3.1 Type C (Gen 1), 1x Micro SD card reader
- Other: FingerPrint Reader with Windows Hello support | 720p HD web camera | Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) (802.11ax) 2*2 | Bluetooth 5.0 | Built-in 2 W Stereo Speakers with Analog Microphone Harman Kardon
I highly recommend you buy this if you don’t have any problem with AMD processors. The model is available in Amazon India. Click the link below to buy from Amazon India. Currently, it is out of stock in Flipkart.
MI Notebook 14 (IC) Intel Core i5-10210U 10th Gen 14-inch (35.56 cms) Thin and Light Laptop(8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/Intel UHD Graphics/Silver/1.5Kg), XMA1901-FK
Take with a little caution. I am not saying MI laptops are bad but long-term use and quality of the build are not the best. This is known to most of the users. However, the MI Notebook XMA1901-FK is packed with some serious configurations. It is powered by the i5 10th generation, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD along with windows 10 preinstalled in it.
It would have been better if the office is included for lifetime not for one month. Check out the main specifications below:
- laptop processor: 10th gen intel core i5-10210u processor, 1.6 ghz base speed, 4.2 ghz max speed, 4 cores, 8 threads
- windows 10 home operating system, pre-installed software : office 365 – one month trial subscription
- laptop display: 14-inch (1920x 1080 )full hd anti-glare screen, intel uhd graphics
- memory specs (laptop): 8gb ddr4-2666mhz ram and storage: 512 gb ssd
- design and battery of laptop: robust metal body, thin and light laptop, laptop weight 1.5kg, battery life: up to 10 hours, in built 720p webcam
- laptop audio: stereo speakers + dts audio processing, ports: usb 3.1 – 2 ports, usb 2.0 – 1 port, hdmi out -1 and 3.5mm jack
- inside the laptop box: notebook, power adapter, power cord, user manual
- Display size: 14.0 inches
Newer and better models are available at a cheaper price in the official MI site at the time of writing this post. Click here to check the models with NVIDIA Graphics card from the official MI Site. A 256SSD version is also available on Flipkart. Click here to buy it from Flipkart.
ASUS VivoBook 14 (2020) Intel Core i5-1035G1 10th Gen 35.56 cm FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB/512GB NVMe SSD/Integrated Graphics/Windows 10/MS Office 2019/Transparent Silver/1.6 kg), X415JA-EK094TS [Best value for money]
The Asus X415JA-EK094TS is the best value for money laptop for work from home under 50000 in India. It is packed with all the requirements for your work from home. The i5 10th gen processor will handle all your requirements. The 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD will make sure there is no lagging behind. The only disadvantage is the low quality webcam. Just use a USB webcam to solve it.
The windows 10 and MS Office for lifetime is one of the major bonus you can get if you choose this model. If your budget is tight and is below 50k, then this is the perfect choice.
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1, 1.0 GHz Base Speed, Up to 3.6 GHz Turbo boost Speed, 4 cores, 8 Threads, 6MB Cache
- Memory & Storage: 8GB (4GB onboard + 4GB SO-DIMM) DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Upgradeable up to 12GB using 1x SO-DIMM Slot with | Storage: 512GB SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 with empty 2.5-inch SATA slot for HDD/SSD Upgrade Up to 1TB capacity.
- Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics
- Display: 35.56 cm LED-Backlit LCD, FHD (1920 x 1080) 16:9, 220nits, NanoEdge bezel, Anti-Glare Plane with 45% NTSC, 82% Screen-To-Body Ratio
- Operating System: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
The model is cheapest on Amazon India even though it is available on Flipkart and TataCliq. Click here to buy from Flipkart and here to buy from TataCliq. Click the link below to buy from Amazon India.
Acer Swift 3 14″ Full HD IPS Display Ultra Thin and Light Notebook (Intel i5 – 11th Gen/16 GB RAM/512GB SSD/Win10/Intel Iris Xe Graphics/Pure Silver/1.2Kg), SF314-59
The Acer Swift SF314-59 is a higher end model with a slightly higher price than 50000. I have included this because, if your work includes some graphics editing and light video processing, this model will help you complete it. The 16GB RAM along with the Intel Iris Xe graphics card. This is equivalent to an entry level NVIDIA graphics card. The Acer Swif SF314-59 has a i5 11th generation processor which is also a bonus as compared to other models listed here. Check out the main specifications below:
- Get ready to make heads turn for all the right reasons as you take this laptop out to work or plaSwift 3 weighs about 1.2 kg and is about 15.95 mm thin, making it your ideal travel companion for all computing needs.
- Packed with a powerful 11th Gen Core i5 processor and Intel Integrated Iris Xe GPU, this laptop can easily handle your work tasks and graphics-rich applications with ease. Moreover, its 512 GB SSD and up to 16 GB of LPDDR4X RAM, ensure fast and smooth multitasking capabilities.
- Its dual-band Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) connectivity helps enhance the average network throughput by up to 3 times while also reducing the latency by up to 75% when compared to the Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) connectivity, ensuring quick downloads and less buffering while watching videos.
- When you’re traveling, you can leave behind the battery woes as this laptop comes with a powerful battery that can offer a runtime of up to 16 hours on a single full charge.
- The Wake On Voice (WoV) feature lets you activate and ask questions to this Windows 10 laptop even when its screen is off.
- Thanks to the USB-C port with Thunderbolt 4, you can quickly transfer data via this laptop and a compatible device. It also comes with a USB 2.0 port and a USB 3.2 port
Microsoft Surface GO 2 STQ-00013 10.1″ (26.54 cms) Laptop (Gold Processor 4425Y/8GB/128GB SSD/Windows 10 Home in S Mode/Intel UHD 615 Graphics), Platinum
If you have too much money to throw around, you can buy Microsoft Surface GO 2 STQ-00013. This is technically not even a laptop but a tab+. Check out the specifications below:
- Processor: Intel Pentium Gold Processor 4425Y gives your daily tasks and apps an added boost
- Operating System: It comes with Windows 10 Home in S mode to bring you the powerful Windows features you use most at exceptional value.
- Display: 10.5” PixelSense Display with 1920 x 1280 (220 PPI) resolution | Touchscreen enabled | 10 point multi-touch | Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Memory & Storage : 8GB DDR3 RAM with Intel UHD Graphics 615 Graphics| Storage: 128GB SSD
- Design & Battery : Smallest, Lightest, Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop | Thin and light design | Laptop weight: starting 544 gm | Average battery life = 10 hours
Click the link below to buy from Amazon India.
ASUS VivoBook S14 Intel Core i5-1035G1 10th Gen 14″ (35.56cms) FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD + 32GB Optane Memory/Windows 10/MS Office 2019/Silver Blue/1.35 kg), S403JA-BM033TS
The Asus Vivobook S14 S403JA-BM033TS is the premium work from home laptop which is slightly above Rs. 50000 in India. However, the i5 10th gen base speed is little less as compared to other models. The 8GB RAM with the 32GB Optane memory boosted by the 512GB SSD will make it faster than other models available in this price range.
The Windows 10 and MS Office is free for life which is a saving of at least 8k. It would be great if Asus included a dedicated graphics processor. Check the specifications below:
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor, 1.0 GHz (6MB Cache, up to 3.6 GHz, 4 Cores, 8 Threads)
- Memory & Storage: 8GB LPDDR4X 3733MHz onboard RAM | Storage: 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD with 32GB Intel Optane Memory (Intel H10 SSD)
- Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics
- Display: 14.0-inch (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920×1080) 60Hz, 300nits Brightness, Anti-Glare, IPS-level Panel, with 100% sRGB Color gamut, 87% Screen-to-body ratio and 178° viewing angles
- Software Included: Pre-installed MS Office Home and Student 2019 | Operating System: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
As of now the model is only available on Amazon India. Check out the link below to buy from Amazon.
Acer Aspire 5 15.6″ (39.62cms) Laptop(Intel Core i5 11th Generation/8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/Intel Iris Xe Graphics),Black A515-56
The Acer Aspire 5 A515-56 is powered by the i5 11th gen processor supported by 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. The Intel Iris Xe provides a little boost in your processing power. Check out the main specifications below:
- Processor: Intel Core i5 11th Generation
- 8GB RAM upgradeable up to 20 GB and 512GB SSD
- Graphics: Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- BIOS user, supervisor, HDD passwords, Kensington lock slot, Fingerprint
- One-year International Travelers Warranty (ITW)
Currently Flipkart is offering at the cheapest rate. Click here to buy from Flipkart. It is also available on Amazon India, check out the link below to buy from Amazon India.
Best accessories to make your work from home experience the best
Having just a laptop is not enough to work from home. Some of the most important accessories include a mobile small table, external storage device, a good light source, etc. Check out the list below and buy yours now.
Work from home laptop table with cup holders
Oftentimes, you are not in the luxury to sit at a work table and be ready every day for your work. This mobile-ready table is ready for you to accommodate your work from home experience. The tablet holder and cup holders make it perfect. It is really cheap and rated highly. Click here to buy this amazing table from Amazon India.
External storage device
I would recommend you opt for a SSD device but if you don’t have the budget, you can opt for a HDD device.
A wireless mouse
Wires are not comfortable when you are working from home. Without a mouse, you can’t do certain works. Click here to buy the Lenovo wireless mouse. Any other wireless mouse will also do the job just fine.
This is one of the most important device if you don’t have a good webcam in your laptop. Check out the Logitec HD webcam by clicking the link here.
Video conferencing lighting set
Yes, light setting is important. If you don’t have proper light settings, consider buying the following video conference lighting set.
Click here to buy from Amazon India. Having a good light setting makes it more professional in front of your clients. A blurry shadowy video call doesn’t look like a professional and is a very bad image when you are about to close a deal with clients.
I hope you like this post. Do not forget to share this with your friends. If you have any questions, comment down below or send an email. In the meantime, if you are looking for a gaming laptop below 65000 check out the link below or click here.